Hey Citizens, here are my notes for Reverse the ‘Verse Episode 32.
– Mark Bugsmasher Abent has a broken leg.
– 2200 support tickets at the moment.
– The issue with the PU Townhall Panel 1 video was that somehow 67 seconds of the song Jump Around by House of Pain got into the edit at the beginning. This is a complete mystery and made James extremely confused and upset in between fits of laughter. The video had to be cut again and re-processed.
– The RSI Orion will be the next concept sale. Initial set of sketches are back from George Hull. CR had a lot of commentary on them and sent those comments to George Hull. Sounds like it will be soonish.
– Ben: “I will also tell you that the Hull series, the Vanguard, the Starliner… we just kicked off concepts for a whole mess of ships. So, you’re not going to see a whole lot of stuff this week/next week, but there will be a steady pace going into the year.”
– New German office is in Frankfurt, Germany.
– New location for the CIG Santa Monica office will remain in Santa Monica.
– The Avenger changes (mostly about modularity) will also include the new damage system that was demoed on the Gladius.
– Still being decided if Arena Commander Credits will be used to purchase or to rent AC ships/guns.
– Gamescom trophy is still a WIP.
– [How many bugs do you smash in a daily basis Mark?] If they’re easy bugs, about 10. If it’s a hard bug… about 1 a week.
– The 350R bug where if you die you can’t move is a tough one. They’re still tracking it down and it has been 2-3 weeks. They can see it sometimes but don’t know why it’s happening.
– At this point we have Jen, Alexis, Chelsea, Ben, Will, James, Bugsmasher, Ryan, and Sandi on RtV.
– Goal is to get Carrack in hangar by the end of the year.
– Explanation on jump drives upcoming.
– CCU will exist from Carrack to 890 Jump if/when they are both purchasable and flyable.
– Missile incoming message not working is a known bug but hasn’t been fixed quite yet.
– CitizenCon is in Manchester, UK this year.
– AMA was cancelled.
– On SC HOTAS, Sandi: “Working on it. We’re almost closed. As soon as it’s closed, we can make an announcement.
– Star Citizen travel mug, baseball cap, temporary tattoos, and challenge coin (thanks to /u/Autoxidation for clarification) are in the works.
– James is very sad that the Bulldog’s name was changed. (I agree with him and I blame YOU) ;)
– Plans are in place to complete the Xi’An Scout.
– Next concept sale is Orion. After that is the Hull or Vanguard.
– The new Corvette is not in progress currently.
– CIG will be at PAX East, more information soon.
– New news on the Hull series: They will be doing the entire Hull series at once.
– No CIG event at PAX Prime.
– The ship modularity system will enable them to really be flexible in the far future of the game, and allow them to create a ton of different things.
– Aurora’s bed could potentially be replaced by more cargo or a science station…
– Bengal Carrier is back in development in the UK.
– [Is the game ever coming out?]
(Not sarcasm:) The game is coming out. The game IS out… you can play it.
– Great quote from Ben: “The hope is that we will continue to refine and expand it forever. The game is LAUNCHING at some point. There will be a point where the universe is live… but I hope it’s never done.”
– Once everything is up and running well, they are hoping to add 20 items a month to Voyager Direct. Ben mentioned Q2 is a possibility when you might start to see this.
– Chelsea was a Scottish dancer for years.
– A replacement for the holotable is being discussed. CIG even gets frustrated using it. Mark: “It’s very temporary.” They want to replace it but they aren’t entirely sure yet what they will be replacing it with.
– James was called out on an emergency… possibly related to Jump Around by House of Pain.
– All of the assets related to the Retaliator were handed over from Foundry 42 to CIG Santa Monica 2 days ago. CIG Santa Monica has to now add animations.
– January Monthly Report will be out February 6th.
– Tomorrow there will be a design deep dive into mobiGlas!
– February 6th they are hoping to put out a design deep dive on shield management.
– No commercials being worked on currently. Squadron 42 cinematics need the attention of that department.
– There was a meeting recently to plan out the Kruger Intergalactic P-72 Archimedes. There is a plan in place to get the Archimedes and the Merlin flyable sooner rather than later.
– The 64-bit floating point conversion is not yet complete.
– David Ladyman is working on the manual for V1.1, Jump Points, and languages for Xi’An, Banu, and Vanduul.
– Jump Point Volume 2 may or may not happen because demand might be too low for it to be affordable to print.
– Star Map has been rearranged. It’s up to Chris to approve it now.
– Drake Herald is on the schedule but not in process right now.
– Reclaimer is concept complete. Will probably be a ways away since it is not really a ship needed for AC 2.0.
– Starfarer is coming along.
– Letters from the Chairman will be done differently. There will be a monthly letter from Chris around the middle of the month to update us on his thoughts on how things are progressing.
– Stretch goals will continue to be deep dive design posts. The only issue with this is that it takes about 2 weeks to do one. They have decided that rather than stockpile them, they will write them as needed… so they will be delayed from the stretch goal in question.
– There should be deep dive design posts this week, next week, and the week after. Hopefully that will continue.
– Starfarer is coming along.
– No update on the Merchantman.
– You will be able to start using custom skins on ships very very very very very very soon. First ones will be a few Aurora skins.