Hello Citizens! Here we are! Another week, another week in review!
First off, this week CIG hit 108,000,000! So well done them.
And now… the
Week In Review! (booming voice)
This week has been pretty decent for news! An excellent 10 for the Developpers, an excellent AtV, an excellent RtV, and even an episode of DevChat! One might even say it’s been an excellent week! Or at least one would, if one was Canadian, and crazy, and running on no sleep at all.
Before we get to the full review, here’s the top five news pieces of the week!
- Player animations will change when limbs are injured; if you hurt an arm, you will reload a pistol one-handed, etc…
- Star Citizen FPS appears to be faster than ARMA, slower than Battlefield.
- Sunday is the last chance to get SQ42 and Star Citizen bundled together.
- The Cutlass, Scythe, Gladiator, and Gladius are being optimized.
- Patch 2.2 has an internal build, and is undergoing QA testing. Right now it includes 1 flyable ship, 1 hangar-ready ship, some under the hood improvements, and physicalized EVA.
- Alien armour cannot be used by humans.
- They’re working on allowing as much height / weight customization as possible, but it still won’t be too varied.
- Players will retain control on ladders.
- Player animations will change when limbs are injured
- Star Citizen FPS is very hard to quantify when compared with other FPS games. Faster than ARMA, slower than Battlefield.
- Work is ongoing on the active refuelling mechanic.
- Docking rings are likely to be standardized.
- Last chance to get SQ42 and Star Citizen bundled together
- Cutlass, Scythe, Gladiator, and Gladius are getting optimizations.
- Shields, weapons, and projectiles are being worked on for the component revamp.
- Work continuing on shopping; basic buy functionality is in.
- Work is coming along on a Holotable revamp, updated Party system, and an Inventory manager.
- Conversation system for SQ42 and PU is being worked on in Frankfurt.
- Patch 2.2 has an internal build, is undergoing QA testing. Right now it includes 1 flyable ship, 1 hangar-ready ship, some under the hood improvements, and physicalized EVA.
- New concepts are being worked on.
- There are no plans for eating as a mechanic.
- Updated ship page is being worked on.
- Ben and Lando made a message for the community that they appreciate their support in defending the project, but let the project speak for itself rather than insulting or arguing with people to death about what is better.
- There was some talk about a ‘much loved’ concept ship coming soon, that would fit ‘multiple times’ into a Caterpillar. Erris theorizes it is the Dragonfly.
And that’s all for this week’s Week in Review!
The Relay is paid for out of pocket and is ad free. If you would like to support us check out our support page here.